Saturday, December 21, 2013

Naked 3 Palette: Swatches and Quick Review



When I first heard that there was going to be a Naked 3 palette I really wasn't phased. I never had a desire to own any of the other Naked palettes as they weren't really colors I thought were unique.  But then I saw the swatches of this palette and I have to say all the colors looked beautiful and not similar to anything I owned already.  I was sure I wasn't going to buy this though, but I was up late one night and saw that it was in stock on the Sephora website.  I decided to bite the bullet and order it for myself (early Christmas present?).  I have to admit the first time I tried the palette out (I didn't take any pictures because I was so excited!!) I was really disappointed.  The colors were hard to blend and not pigmented at all.  I had used the brush that was included in the palette because all of mine were dirty at the time. The next day I decided to try it out one more time before I returned it this time I used my newly cleaned brushes and was blown away! I'm not sure why the brush included didn't work, it just did not pick up the pigmentation at all nor was it able to blend out the shadows.  But needless to say I am in love with the colors and the quality of the shadows.  Some of the shadows are a bit hard to work with, I'm looking at you Dust.  But with the help of a mixing medium the shadow goes on super pigmented and makes a beautiful inner corner highlighter.  The colors are gorgeous and are super easy to use! I have been loving creating new looks and experimenting with the colors.  My favorites have to be Buzz, Limit, Nooner and yes Dust.
Also I love the packaging: it feels very sturdy and has a nice big mirror.  The only cons I can see this having is that some of the colors have quite a bit of fall out and some do require a mixing medium to have the full effect OH and of course the brush is a big no go for me personally (but great for concealer!).  But to me that isn't a big deal.

PROS:

  • 12 unique shades that are beautiful
  • Colors are pigmented and easy to blend
  • Great packaging 
  • Perfect for traveling
  • Matte and shimmery colors included
  • I can see this working on all skin tones


CONS:

  • Brush isn't great for applying these colors
  • 1 or 2 of the colors are difficult to work with (must use mixing medium)
  • Some fall out 



Do I recommend this? Yes absolutely, the colors are beautiful and I can see this working on all skin tones.  

FORGOT TO SWATCH DARKSIDE in this picture :'((( 

Thanks for reading!
-S.C

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic review, your swatches are so helpful! I've been so undecided on this palette but think I may have to cave! xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Happy you found them helpful! :) haha Can't resist this palette!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I really do appreciate every single one! <3