Friday, January 10, 2014

First Impression: L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes



I finally started to go through my collection and throw out old products, which for me is so difficult! I have no idea why, I just like to keep things for far too long! But I finally put my big girl pants on and threw out some stuff.  After throwing out my old mascara *pause for moment of silence* I gleefully opened up the L'oreal Voluminous Million lashes.  I actually won this in a giveaway a while ago, but decided to wait to open it until I finished my other mascara.  I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to have too many of the same type of product open at the same time.  Anyway, this mascara claims to separate lashes, be flake and smudge free, as well as free of clumping and of course give your lashes volume (I mean it's in the name!!).

The wand is a plastic applicator, and I have to say I prefer plastic applicators to the more traditional kind (that's the technical term right there).  The applicator did a great job of separating my lashes and I could definitely see they were being lengthened but not really a more fuller look.  Additionally, I was immediately able to tell that if I was to continue adding layers it was going to give me the spidery lash look.  While that may be some people's preference I don't like it at all, I'm scared of spiders as it is and I don't want my eyes too look like their little scary legs O_O.
The formula was definitely very wet and not quick drying so it gave me a chance to go back and tweak my lashes at a slower pace.  However, once it dried it did leave them feeling 'crispy'(side note that is the worst word to describe lashes ever, seriously it gave me shivers, it should only ever be used to describe bacon).  That being said, this formula held a curl wonderfully and the lashes didn't smudge or flake off! WOOHOO That is the worst when I find mascara droppings on my cheek, that is NOT where it belongs! *storms off*

Ahem.  I can't help but think that this mascara might just get better with age, almost like cheese or wine...., for me personally it's never love at first use with a mascara.  I have to "break it in" does that make sense?? It makes sense in my head, which may not be a good sign.

           

Final thoughts on this mascara was that it was pretty good, not obsessed with it but as I mentioned I never am when I first try a mascara out.  It did almost all that it claimed to do expect for the volume part, but it didn't smudge or flake.  In my opinion it was more of a lengthening mascara, but either way I still like it!  I would have to give this mascara an A-

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for this very clear review, it looks like a very good mascara and I might try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) glad you found it helpful!! Thanks for checking out my blog

      Delete
  2. I completely agree - mascara's ALWAYS get better over time! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!
    http://www.fashionhypnotised.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deu um up bacana, né?!

    Amei essa máscara! Mas acho que não tem aqui no Brasil! =(

    Ótimo sábado!

    Beijo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ aww to bad it's not there!
      Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  5. great review! I want to try this!
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica

    Join the GIVEAWAY on my blog and Win dresses worth $200
    http://in-the-jungle-of-fashion.blogspot.it/2013/12/dressale-free-christmas-giveaway-win.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Yes I sure will, just followed you on bloglovin and GFC :)
      thank you and have a great day!

      Delete
  6. great review doll ! look good :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes I'm liking how it looks too :))

      Delete
  7. Good for you in cleaning out your make up stash. Eventually things get bacteria in them, so it's better for your health when you throw out. This mascara looks really good. HAHAHA I don't like the spider effect either. Nice lashes.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! No eye infections for me XD haha Now I'm definitely making a better effort to finish what I have before getting something new :)
      Whew glad I'm not the only one! They just don't look good on me. And thank you very much! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I really do appreciate every single one! <3