Saturday, January 4, 2014

Love it or Leave it? Revlon Colorburst matte balm



I was browsing through my CVS and finally was able to find these matte balms by Revlon! I decided to pick one up and give it a try.  I chose the color striking, a beautiful red color.  When I first applied this color the first thing I noticed was how smoothly it glided on my lips and the second thing was the smell.  It seriously smells like thin mints, yes the girl scout cookies! I actually quite like the smell, but it is very strong and does linger for a bit.  The balm itself is very smooth and moisturizing.  My lips have been quite dry thanks to this cold weather but this balm didn't accentuate my dry patches.  It was very moisturizing and never made my lips feel dry during the whole time wearing it.  Also I found that this matte balm lasted a lot longer than the regular formula.  Even after drinking the balm was still pretty pigmented.  Overall, I would definitely say this is a love it product! I really enjoyed it and the other colors seem really fun!

Thanks so much for reading!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Nice review :) i will check it out next time i am shopping at Drug store :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should :) they are very nice

      Delete
  2. It's funny actually, as I've heard some bad press about it, it being quite drying, so was a bit sceptical, but your review was really good. Did you think it had any bad points really. Just wondering whether it maybe my January pick me up! x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was drying at all! Hmm the only bad point I could think of would be the smell, I personally don't mind it but I can see it being a love it or hate it kind of thing. especially among those that have a more sensitive nose!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I really do appreciate every single one! <3